Earlier in the month, I had been worried that my birthday would be a lonely day. Everyone--myself included--was scrambling to study for final exams and finish end-of-the-semester projects, and frankly, priorities are priorities. I had dreaded the possibility that for other people, spending time with me, even on my birthday, wasn't very important.
But no! It wasn't a lonely day. It was quite a good day.
This is an example of people having a good day.
The sun shined all the way until 4:30 p.m.; there was just enough snow left to make the landscape lovely, but not enough to make walking a slushy chore; there were phone calls, cards in the mail, text messages, and Facebook wall posts; there was a package full of goodies waiting for me at the post office and another in my mailbox; there was a box of roses waiting under my mailbox; and, finally, there was dinner and wine and dessert with very nice people.
I hate to admit this, but even I couldn't handle this much chocolate mousse in one go.
This all serves as evidence that people like me. It's a good thing to know. Especially on my birthday.
2 comments:
Always a good day when wine and chocolate are involved!
Agreed! (And people with whom to share them, of course.)
Post a Comment